Saturday 18 February 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Flowers


Happy Saturday! It's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and our theme this week is Flowers.
I used a clear stamp by Viva Decor, 3D Amelie. The set includes several stamps of the same flower but trimmed down, so that you can cut them out and layer them up to give dimension. I hope that makes sense!  I used the full flower stamp (base stamp) for my card today.
I stamped the flower in black archival on Kraft card and then used my polychromos pencils to colour it in. It was a bit of an experiment as I hadn't coloured directly on to Kraft card before, and I didn't lay down a white layer first. Still need some work on that technique! I then added some bits with a white gel pen on top.
Using a 6x6 base I layered it up with tattered lace pindot squares and added a sentiment from a tattered lace stepper card set. Not my best offering, I'm afraid mojo and energy have been sadly lacking this week, but I had fun colouring.
I'm looking forward to seeing your creations, just remember to include some stamping to be considered for the top three. Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Cara, this is a really pretty card... love the big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cara, the colouring and colours are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and the colouring on kraft looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I would never have guessed your mojo is missing Cara! Love the effect of your colouring on Kraft, the white highlights look great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara it's gorgeous, best work or not! I love that you used Kraft as the base and your colouring with the white accents is gorgeous!! Truly beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Cara, the colouring on the kraft is very pretty and the white touches finish it off beautifully :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous; I love it! Looks wonderful on the kraft base.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x