Monday 22 June 2015

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

After weeks of admiring their challenge I've finally got myself organised enough to join in at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Their challenge this week is Christmas Elves.
It took a bit of rummaging but I knew I had an elf in a stamp set that had been a freebie with a craft magazine. Finally found it it was a nit wit freebie and it included the Christmas trees. The sentiment came from another freebie stamp set (I obviously buy too many magazines!)
I stamped the elf  and the trees on white stamping card and then coloured them in with copics and fussy cut them out. I trimmed a layer off one of the trees and added the trunk back on to make it smaller than the rest. I matted the card up on green coredinations card stock and freehand cut a white hill, which I stuck on top of the square of blue sky card. I stuck the trees in place with a mixture of flat glue and foam pads to add some dimension and added the elf on foam pads. I added glossy accents to the elf's boot and the candy cane and glossy accents and glamour dust to the stars on the trees. I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner and job done!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cara, so cute.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dimension you've given to this charming little scene. Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at 52CCT! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cute card Cara. Everything really works. I use glossy accents quite a lot. It really looks great on the elf's boots and the candy cane,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so sweet. Love the cute little trees and your elf is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x